A shoot with hats, gloves and big dresses







These photo's are a result of working together with the amazing photographer Juul de Vries, model Jacquemijne de Man and make-up artist PeggyNicolle. It took a while to get the photo's because it was a lot of work for the photographer to finish them. He is one of the few photographer's who is still shooting analog (black & white) so this demands more work afterwords.
Styling this shoot was a new challenge for me because he only shoots close-up, that means I had to do a lot with hats, gloves and the upperpart of tops/dresses. In two of the shots you can't even see the tops/dresses I used so here they are to give you an impression:
I also wanted to show you some more work from Juul de Vries, I absolutely love it. All of his shots are so mysterious. I've always been intrigued by the art genre magical realism so I guess that is why I like it so much. He photographs the models and backgrouds separate and by looking at the shapes of the body and the background he finds a way to combine those two afterwards. Because he is shooting on black and white film, he makes the colours all by himself in Photoshop. Isn't that art? More on his website: http://www.juuldevries.com

15 opmerkingen:

  1. You did a great job Léonie, as usual! ;) Ziet er écht super uit :).
    Ook een hele goede fotograaf ja, zijn werk ziet er heel uniek uit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You did such a wonderful job with the styling. Congrats!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow, you got to work on this? You did fabulous and the photos came out great. I love black and white as well, so it's easy for me to fall in love with pictures like these.

    BTW, would you like to do a link exchange with my blog?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yes yes I love black & white too!
    Thanks a lot :)
    I will add your blog to my link-list!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I love the black lace gloves, you did an amazing job giving such specific constraints.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. wow, wat een geweldig mooie foto's!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. thats a beautiful shoot. I love the ruffle dress

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Mooie foto's inderdaad. Die onderste zijn echt zo surrealistisch, prachtig!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen